Tide Pods

Please log in or register to participate.

Home Forums Tribe Talk Tide Pods

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  fromsquibs 4 days, 18 hours ago.

• Author

MisanthropicKitten
    Participant

Can we talk about why more adults are eating tide pods than children? Also, has anyone had a patient that has gotten sick from eating one? I need answers.

ZDoggMD
    Keymaster

This is really a thing? We’ll look into it!

FloatingSwans
    Participant

Um, wow! Talk about washing your mouth out with soap!

Wiscophn
    Participant

I think it’s along the lines of the cinnamon challenge or the chubby bunny challenge kind of thing…..

And on a more serious note, I have read about several adults with dementia who have eaten them thinking they were candy or something else.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Wiscophn.

fromsquibs
    Participant

I wouldn’t be surprised about dementia patients eating Tide pods (or the similar products for the dishwasher). Thanks for the awareness check Wiscophn! (I work with dementia patients often in a home environment.)

Stepping down from my soap box. ⚡

TheLabGuy
    Participant

I would say, super unhealthy (duuuuh). I can’t understand why people would do this. Any non medical folk should at least have the common knowledge to know that detergents are hazardous when ingested… smh

TravelingWiscoRN
    Participant

That’s amazing! People are fools, my husband follows a guy on YouTube who accepts money to eat things…like food rations from WWII

LovelyLPN
    Participant

Kids are doing it as part of those
    stupid FB challenges, and becoming ill from ingesting the detergent, as the packets are made to dissolve when they come in contact with water.

fromsquibs
    Participant

Tide Pods challenge

It’s a thing –

Stepping down from my soap box. ⚡

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.