Best Healthcare Speaker, EVER?
Need a healthcare speaker that DOESN'T suck?
Book ZDoggMD: A Funny Healthcare Speaker…With A Message
Who Am I?
- I’m Dr. Zubin Damania, MD, an internist and the founder of Turntable Health, an innovative healthcare startup that’s part of an ambitious urban revitalization movement spearheaded by Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh. During a 10-year hospitalist career at Stanford, I somehow won clinical teaching awards while simultaneously maintaining a shadow career performing stand-up comedy for medical audiences worldwide. My videos, created under the pseudonym ZDoggMD, have gone epidemically viral, educating patients and providers while mercilessly satirizing our dysfunctional healthcare system.
- In Las Vegas, we’re making the leap from satire to actionable change by implementing an innovative model of healthcare delivery that promotes wellness at both the individual and community level. Turntable Health, a membership model team-based primary care ecosystem, is a ground-up effort to get healthcare right…for everyone. I travel extensively as a healthcare speaker and keynote performer for many types of groups, hoping to inspire change while making people laugh in an industry that desperately needs a little more humor and compassion!
- I’ve been featured as one of the top 100 graduation speeches of all time by NPR, and can be found in:
What do I talk about as a medical keynote speaker?
- My keynote performances are customized to the audience, but generally encompass issues around burnout in healthcare, finding a voice in our broken system, technologic innovation in medicine, team-based collaborative care models (Health 3.0 as we’ve dubbed it), and the innovative use of social media in healthcare.
- I use humor, storytelling, video, and live musical performances in my keynotes to educate, inspire, and entertain.
Why me and not some other healthcare speaker?
- As a practicing physician on the front lines, I’ve been where many of your healthcare audience members have been.
- My talks are funny, educational, engaging, entertaining, and emotionally inspiring with a deep message. Or so I’ve been told by my parole officer. See endorsement quotes below (several organizations have had me speak more than 2 years in a row)!
- I’ll hop on a call with you and customize a performance for YOUR audience. Try THAT with Dr. Gawande (hahaha, just kidding Atul, please don’t have me killed).
- I LOVE performing, and I’ve had a ton of experience as a healthcare speaker, doing medical keynotes and musical performances for dozens of prominent groups around the world.
- You deal with me directly as the healthcare speaker, not a bureau or an agent. I am happy to make a short video for your conference to help promote it; I have a Facebook and Twitter presence with considerable reach (over 290,000 followers and counting).
How much do you cost to do healthcare keynotes and musical performances?
- Contact me using the form below to get an exact quote for your organization (or email zdoggmd at gmail dot com). I’m cheaper than super famous healthcare speakers with agents and prescription drug addictions, but I’m more costly than Crabby The Healthcare Speaker Clown.
- Generally, my wife doesn’t let me travel and leave her with the kids unless I’m being paid my standard speaking fees along with travel expenses and green M&Ms in the dressing room. If you are an organization or group with a very low budget, it probably can’t work unless you can round up a corporate sponsor (which has worked well in the past). Or if you promise me a SWIMMING POOL full of green M&M’s…along with an insulin pump.
- I’m based in Las Vegas, so if your conference is here I’m zero travel expenses and less costly! VEGAS, BABY!
How do we book ZDoggMD as our very own healthcare speaker?
- Use the form at the bottom of this webpage or email me directly: zdoggmd at gmail dot com.
Some Past Healthcare Speaker Performances:
- TEDMED, SXSW, California Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, Doctors Without Borders (London), Dignity Health, Genentech, Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation, Scripps Transforming Medicine and Future of Genomic Medicine, Life Is Beautiful Music Festival, Emergency Nurses Association, American Association of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPN & HPNA), Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, AAMC, Kaiser, SSM Healthcare, Success 3.0 Summit, Doctors For America, American Ambulance Association, America’s Essential Hospitals, DotMed (Dublin, Ireland), ProAssurance, Essentials of Emergency Medicine, American Academy of Emergency Medicine, Modernizing Medicine, Texas Immunization Summit, Janssen HealtheVoices 2015, American Academy of Family Physicians, ApolloMD, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- “ZDogg (or Dr. Damania) is one of the finest, funniest, and informative speakers I’ve ever heard. Hands down the most entertaining doctor I have ever heard present. My body is still sore from the profound laughter he induced…and his message about medicine’s future and the importance of human touch can’t be emphasized enough.” — Dr. Eric Topol, Scripps Institute for Translational Medicine
- Dr. Zubin Damania was fantastic as our opening keynote speaker. He set the tone for an open, honest and engaging conference. His message of meeting patients where they are at and fostering trusting relationships that promote improved self-care through a re-mixed primary care and wellness team approach hit home with the health professionals in the room. Attendees were drawn in and inspired by Dr. Damania’s humor and satire along with an entertaining multimedia presentation. Thank you ZDogg for sharing your innovative vision!” — Kris Fortman, CEO Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation
- “Dr. Damania brought incredible energy, insight and candor to our annual event for physicians and other health care stakeholders. He kept the crowd engaged and laughing. Physicians are still talking about his message and are invigorated to influence a care delivery system that is healthy for both the professional team and our patients.”– Donn Dexter, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Wisconsin Medical Society
- “What a pleasure it was to have ZDoggMD as our keynote speaker to kick-off the first-ever HealtheVoices conference! His humor and unique perspective on healthcare and social media was inspirational and really brought to life our mission to provide online health advocates the tools and resources to more effectively serve and grow their online communities. On behalf of Janssen, I want to extend a huge thank you for joining us and sharing your personal journey to raise patient awareness – encouraging our attendees to use their voice to change the future of healthcare for the better! Bravo!” — Caroline Pavis, Director, Strategic Communications, Janssen
- “Dr. Damania knocked it out of the park – possibly the best conference speaker ever and I’ve been attending conferences for over 30 years.” — Richard Walter, ProAssurance Corporation
- “Comedy and pathos. Clinical insight and the heart of a physician. Zubin and Z-Dogg. You get it all when you bring Zubin Damania, MD, to your event. Not only was Zubin/Z a hit when he/they spoke at the general session of TexMed 2014, he busted his gluteus maximus ahead of time, helping us promote the event with a custom Z-Dogg video and lots of action on his social media networks. Zubin is a real health care revolutionary. Z-Dogg is an Internet sensation. You can’t go wrong bringing these two to your next event. And you save on expenses, because they share a hotel room.” — Steve Levine, Texas Medical Association
- “ZDogg was the perfect keynote for our inaugural users conference. He delivered the right mix of humor and healthcare thought leadership to both entertain and educate the medical professionals in attendance. In a word, he was ‘amaZing.’” — Dan Cane, CEO Modernizing Medicine
- “Dr. Damania was the highlight of our conference – everyone from frontline clinical staff to c-suite executives loved his session. He masterfully blended humor with a powerful message about health care transformation that everyone interested in improving the US health system should hear.” — Michael R. Panicola, PhD, SSM Healthcare
- “This was the PERFECT opening session. For one thing, it is so important in advancement for us to put ourselves in the shoes of our donor prospects. I’m not sure it occurs to many of us that the doctors we try to get in front of may actually be miserable! Whatever our occupations may be, Zubin reminded us of the importance of embracing all of one’s natural gifts, in his case comedy, etc. as well as a love of medicine.” — AAMC National Professional Development Conference for Institutional Advancement
- “The hip hop hospitalist is a joy to watch, listen to and learn from. His energy, sense of humor and playfulness dramatically support the deep knowledge he is able to convey to an audience. A standing ovation from over 550 medical professionals and guests says it all!” — Dr. Bernadette Loftus, Mid-Atlantic Kaiser Permanente Group
- ““As a meeting planner, I have the difficult task of finding speakers who can appeal to my conservative physician audience – ZDogg did just that. He brought humor with a message that resonated with people across age groups, political ideologies, and training levels. I can’t recommend him enough!” — Mandy Rubinstein, Minnesota Medical Association
- “ I can attest, the best healthcare speaker I have ever heard/seen present in 15 years…” — David Curtis, Residential Home Health
- Pediatrics Partners — 9/10/16 Temecula, CA
- South Lake Hospital/Orlando Health — 9/12/16 Orlando, FL
- Cambia Health Western Leadership Conference — 9/14/16 Portland, OR
- Valence Health Further 2016 — 9/15/16 Chicago, Il
- Emergency Nurses Association — 9/17/16 Los Angeles, CA
- Colorado Coalition for the Medically Underserved — 9/20/16 Denver, CO
- HFMA Washington/Alaska Chapter — 9/22/16 Seattle, WA
- Minnesota Medical Association — 9/23/16 Minneapolis, MN
- Radiology Business Management Association — 9/25/16 New Orleans, LA
- Health 2.0 “The Unbreak Healthcare Show” — 9/27/16 Santa Clara, CA
- ANCC Magnet Conference — 10/7/16 Orlando, FL (CANCELLED DUE TO HURRICANE MATTHEW)
- Teletracking Telecon16 Conference — 10/11/16 Naples, FL
- Upstate Medical University Biotech Accelerator — 10/13/16
- P² Collaborative of Western New York — 10/14/16 Buffalo, NY
- St. Tammany Parish Hospital Fall Medical Staff Meeting and Service Award Dinner — 10/19/16 New Orleans, LA
- Restoring Humanity to Medicine, Hard Rock Cafe Iora Health Event — 10/20/2016 Denver, CO
- UNT Health Science Center “Drive The Difference” Conference — 10/27/16 Fort Worth, TX
- Carpenter Health — 10/28/16 New Orleans, LA (CANCELLED DUE TO LOUISIANA FLOODING)
- Davita Medical Group Annual Meeting — 10/29/16 Los Angeles, CA
- Texas Tech Fall Symposium— 11/4/16 Lubbock, TX
- Wolters Kluwer Nursing Management Conference 2016 — 11/8/16 Las Vegas
- Greystone Healthcare Internet Conference — 11/8/16 Las Vegas
- Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group Annual Physician Meeting — 11/12/16 Palo Alto, CA
- HIMSS Europe WoHIT Conference — 11/21/16 Barcelona, Spain
Tentative upcoming events for 2017 (some events not listed):
|Forrest General Hospital||1/5/2017||Hattiesburg, MS|
|HFMA Vegas Western Regional||1/17/2017||Vegas|
|Health Action Council||2/16/2017||Cleveland OH|
|Orlando HIMSS||2/21/2017||Orlando FL|
|Sante Health||2/24/2017||Scottsdale AZ|
|Knapp Medical Center||4/29/2017||Weslaco TX|
|Association of Staff Physician Recruiters||5/1/2017||San Diego CA|
|World Health Care Congress||5/2/2017||DC|
|Explore Healthcare Summit||8/11/2017||Norman, OK|
|MHC Healthcare||9/22/2017||Marana, AZ|
Book ZDoggMD as your Healthcare Speaker STAT!
Doc Vader on White Coats vs. Black Suits
Getting “turned” to the Dark Side, with another rant from Doc Vader.
Doc Vader on Outer Rim Hospital Transfers
Hey, ventricular tachycardia can be a TOTALLY stable rhythm, Doc Vader.
Doc Vader Gives Career Advice
Doc Vader gives some friendly Dark Side advice to his daughter Princess Leia.
Hippies (Twenty One Pilots “Heathens” Parody)
Give “p’s” a chance. (p<0.05) A meditation on "alternative" medicine.
Treat Yourself (A Bieber Opioid Ballad)
And if you think you ain’t an addict yet, then baby you should probably treat yourself.
7 Years (A Life In Medicine)
We are standing at a crossroads in healthcare. Behind us lies a long-lost, nostalgia-tinged world of unfettered physician autonomy, sacred doctor-patient relationships, and a laser-like focus on Read More
Best Healthcare Speaker, EVER?
Book ZDoggMD, the funniest healthcare speaker / rapper ever! (also the ONLY healthcare speaker / rapper ever)
Dear Nurses, you ARE appreciated! A special tribute, from a doctor to nurses everywhere.